Saturday, April 21, 2012

Twiggy

I read about Twiggy, the 60's style icon, for the first time in Elle magazine. Elle mentioned her in a section about anorexia. It said that she was so skinny, that every girl wanted to be like her at the time (she wasn't anorexic I think. She probably just had a VERY high metabolism). Twiggy became the first super model, and was also named the face of 1966. I recently picked up a Time magazine from a few weeks ago, and it turns out that she is still one of the most influential people in the world! So, I asked my grandmother what she thought of her. She told me that she had never seen someone that skinny, and that seeing a girl that skinny with such short hair amazed everyone (I absolutely love the hair). As my aunt once said, "long hair is beautiful, but short hair is elegant", which is very true. 





How did she become famous? I asked myself. Well, it turns out that Twiggy had pictures taken of her for a hair salon. Later, the owner posted the pictures on the walls of the salon. One wonderful day, a man that worked for Daily Express saw the photographs and was amazed. He wrote an article about her, and BABAM! Twiggy became a worldwide sensation. The audience and camera loved her!






                                                    
She is so photogenic! Twiggy is definitely my favorite model of all time! (how would I look with that hair...)

-Aria


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...