Saturday, April 28, 2012

Interview with Lara Zankoul; photographer

Have you ever wanted to step into a fairy tale? A magical world with enchanting colors and lights? Well you can. That is what Lebanese photographer, Lara Zankoul, creates with her beautiful photographs. Her stunning works take you to a breathtaking new world where dreams are born.




Lara Zankoul was born in 1987 and is definitely one of my favorite photographers. 
She generously answered all of my questions for this interview. 

 How old were you when you started photography?

I was 20.

What inspired you? 

Flickr website inspired me to buy my own camera and try out photography.

 





How do you come up with the ideas for your photographs? 

They usually come to me spontaneously. But when I'm not really inspired I try to get photos ideas from feelings, emotions and situations of life.



  



What camera do you use?

 I started with the Sony Alpha 200 but now shifted to the Canon 5d mark ii.

 How did you develop the style you have in your photographs?

 I worked on shaping my preferences in composition, color schemes and light, and it lead to this current style I have.







Who are some of your favorite artists?

Contemporary artists: Brooke SHaden, Tim Burton, Annie Leibovitz
I also like surreal artists like Dali.

What would you like to say to the young photographers out there?

I would say don't be afraid to try new things in photography and be creative.






8) What is your favorite song?

My favorite song this week is "Telling stories" for Tracy Chapman.

Lara Zankoul is an amazing and inspiring photographer that all young photographers can look up to. You can tell that she puts in a lot of time and care into her work. Lara captures dreams, imaginations and puts them into a single photograph. That's what so magical about art. 
Here is a link to her website: http://larazankoul.com/

I hope you guys enjoyed this interview! Special thanks to Lara Zankoul taking the time to answer the questions!

-Aria





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...