Monday, April 23, 2012

Alice Look

Alice in Wonderland has always been one of my favorite stories. Not just because of it's fun, outlandish characters like the Mad Hatter (who is my personal favorite), but also because of how it was created. Mr. Lewis Carroll was asked one day, by a little girl, to tell a story. Well, Carroll told and created a story. A story that has become one of the most famous children's books of all time! Many people claim that Alice in Wonderland is just a childish book full of nonsense, but others believe that Mr. Carroll used his intelligence and logic to put hidden meanings behind the story. He was a mathematician, so who knows? He probably did!
Alice became very popular, and many artists look into the story for inspiration.


I wanted to create an Alice inspired look, so I looked for things in my closet and quickly got to work.






(all pictures were taken by my wonderful grandmother and edited by me)

The striped tights are from an Alice costume I got last year for Halloween. It also came with some kind of tights for the arms with the same pattern, but I sadly couldn't find them..
The shirt was made by me because I couldn't find any top that would match the outfit. I used transfer paper to transfer on an original drawing from the book. Alice is holding the "drink me" bottle. I am actually also holding a "drink me" bottle in my hand if you were wondering what it was (next time, I should hold a rabbit to be clearer...). The shoes are sketchers. I chose them because they match the shoes Alice is wearing on my shirt.
The headband was added for more blue color, and to represent the flowers from the story.

I was looking through Etsy the other day, and saw these Alice shoes. They are handmade by Kristen Cleghorn. I love <3 the detail she put into them.

(the back is amazing)
Here is the link to her store: https://www.etsy.com/people/ASquaredSharpieShoes 

Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!

- Aria

1 comment:

  1. aw, i just saw this! Thanks so much for mentioning my shoes :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...