Saturday, May 12, 2012

Thrifting for the First Time

Went thrifting for the first time today. There were so many unwanted clothes and items it was unbelievable! Even a couple of wedding gowns were for sale for less than 50 dollars! First, we started out at the shirts section (as WE, I mean my mom and I) carefully looking through each article of clothing, the prices (which were REALLY low..I mean, we bought each item for less than $8!) and sizes. The thrift store I went to had (luckily) everything categorized by size, which made it easier for us to shop. There was EVERYTHING! - From blue vintage shorts (which were sadly not my size :p) to shiny, pointy, look-like-made-out-of-steel shoes.




I've recently fallen in love with floral prints since it's spring and all. 
  
Modern print from a dress. 

Now, the T-shirt above was certainly a lucky find! It's awesome! If you notice, the girl is wearing winter clothing, when the actual T-shirt is meant to be worn on a hot, summer day!


DREAM OUT LOUD I  think this would go really well with a short, black skirt like the one below, and Brian Atwood's rainbow shoes to match the colors of the letters.


So, that's my experience with thrifting. If you like cheap, awesome, unpredictable clothing, thrifting is a good option for you. I will never shop at malls again :)

<3 Aria

1 comment:

  1. I. wish. there. were. thrift. shops. where. I. LIVEEEE!
    im missing out on a LOT :'(

    http://cottonmixblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...